The first chapter president at the inception of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in 1973 was Atty. Jose Contreras, a respected and brilliant criminal lawyer. From then on up to the creation of this website, nineteen (19) had served as president. The Chapter now has eight hundred and ninety three (893) members and still growing.
It is noteworthy that the Chapter's office was then housed in a small room at the Batangas City Police Station building. In 1994, it was transferred to the Batangas City Hall of Justice.
On November 19, 2005, Atty. Antonio A. Pastor, a member of the Chapter and a philanthropist conditionally donated to the Chapter a 268 square-meter prime lot located at Pallocan West, Batangas City. Not wanting to violate the condition, the construction of the building started six (6) months later. The rest is now history. The Integrated Bar of the Philippines Batangas Chapter Legal Aid Center was inaugurated on March 23, 2007 in memory of Don Pedro Pastor y Gutierrez, a Canon Lawyer, Clerk of Court, and a Finance Officer of the Philippine Revolutionary Government from 1896-1898. It figures a facade that will remind the community and its indigent clients of an edifice that houses officers of the court in pursuit of justice.
The Board of Officers aims to bring the Chapter close to the hearts, to the minds and to the workplace of its members so that they may actively participate and feel its relevance.
Visit their site at http://ibpbatangas.com